The past month had been rough. A relative passed away, so did one of my favorite beloved youtubers (LC). I wasn’t close to our relative and I never got to meet LC, but both of them were huge influences in making me become a more generous person.
Their passing strengthened my determination to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life, but some days I still go, fuck the future, we’re all going to die soon, I should spend all my money. I’m able to snap out of it by reminding myself of one of my financial independence objectives: to be one less person for other people to worry about, at least financially.
I hope you are in better spirits.
Net Worth Update
September 14, 2020
(Liquid Asset: ₱ 195,994.80)
Net Worth Table
|September 2020||August 2020|
|Condo (List Price ÷ 2)||1,303,500.00||1,303,500.00|
|Condo Mortgage ÷ 2||(545,029.34)||(553,802.45)|
|NET WORTH (Sept. 14, 2020)||₱ 954,465.46||₱ 969,091.72|
Net worth decreased by ₱ 14,626.26 (-1.5%).
Excluding money invested, the following is the allocation of my cash outflow this cutoff:
- 63% – younger sibling’s laptop, parents’ home repair (now evolved into a home renovation), and funeral gift
- 12% – shopping. I had forgotten about a custom-made ring I commissioned several months ago until the jewelsmith messaged me that it was ready for pickup. I also repurchased skincare items and bought 2 workout leggings (my waist is getting smaller!)
- 18% – bills and utilities (mortgage payment included)
- 6% – groceries (food, beverage, and home supplies)
- 1% – tip for delivery people (should I classify this as part of the food cost?)
Items 3 and 4 are my half of the household expenses. One of these days, I’ll make a post about how we manage (or don’t manage) money together as a married couple.
I went over my income, but it’s fine.
Wait. Actually… I don’t know if I really feel fine. I don’t feel anything. In my head, it’s just money. This is my default mindset and probably what got me into being in my 30s without a retirement fund started, but I just don’t have the energy to care about it.
Our pantry is fully stocked. The parentals are getting a new roof and kitchen. Siblings and their families are doing ok. Everyone in my immediate family is COVID-19-free. Net worth is still green. I’m not laid off. Right now, that’s enough for me.
PS Do you have expense tracking apps to recommend? I’m using Money Lover, but I want to try other apps. Thanks!